torsdag 11 september 2014

City of Zarona

Was it perhaps a month ago when I last posted? Two maybe? It's been very long, I'll give you that.

I have several reasons for not posting:

1: I've been getting into Warhammer: Fantasy Battles, and I want to keep this blog "40k pure".
2: The 40k I have been working on is for my entry to Armies on Parade that the store will host on Saturday the 13th.

I have also been working on the new Realm of Battle table that was released not long ago, and I didn't want to show anything before it was completly finished.

So here is the progress of my expansion of Zarona!

The areas with sand needed some more texture, so I brushed on some Armagedon Dust and small patches of Agrellan Earth.

Even applied some in the cracks on the pavement and roads.

Sprayed everything Zamesi Desert, trying to avoid the metal parts.

Drybrushed the rocks and sand with Ushabti Bone.

The metal parts was mostly painted Leadbelcher, but some areas (like manholes) were painted Warplock Bronze. When this was dry, I painted Nuln Oil in patches.

The Aquilla and Saint Plaques were painted Balthasar Gold, then washed Agrax Earthshade

The rest of the metal was also given a cover of Agrax Earthshade.

Then I drybrushed the Leadbelcher parts with Ryza Rust, followed by a drybrush of Necron Compound. This was applied on the parts painted Warplock Bronze as well. Normally I would go for Runefang Steel, but Necron Compound is basically the same, and made for drybrushing, so you can't really go wrong there. The gold parts were painted with Nihilak Oxide in the recesses, followed by a drybrush of Necron Compound as well. The recesses on the road and pavement got a thin wash of Seraphim Sepia.

And Voíla!! Here's my litte run down town on Zarona!

On Saturday is Armies on Parade in Oslo as I mentioned before, so I will post pictures of my army then. I have also recently received a very exciting order from Forge World, I will show this soon as well.

Until next time!
Cheers!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar