torsdag 20 juni 2013

The Black Legion - Phase 4: Painting

It's been a long while since I made a post about the Black Legion.

I've finally reached phase 4, the painting of the army.


After spraying the figures black, I used Abaddon Black to fill all the parts the spray didn't cover.
Black, in my opinion is one of the hardest colours to paint. I've seen people use blue to highlight, or even red (in the case of Dark Eldars), but I prefer grey.

After the Abaddon Black had dried, I used Administratum Grey (the lightest shade I could find) and heavily drybrushed the entire figure.

Wash the figure with Nuln Oil.

Gold details were painted Balthasar Gold, then Auric Armour Gold.

Metal parts were painted in Leadbelcher, the weapon cases were highlighted Runesteel Fang.

After these details were finished, I applied another wash of Nuln Oil, covering the entire figure, not just the black armour. Gold and Silver was washed as well!

The cloaks, peturges, top knots and eye lenses were painted Khorne Red. Not sure how to proceed from here. The red will be highlighted, but I don't know how much.

Yellow icons will be painted on the banners and shoulder pads.

That's it for todays post.

Until next time!

Cheers!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar