tisdag 28 juni 2011

Zarakynel - Tease of Slaanesh

I just made another find. A friend bought the Forge World Keeper of Secrets when he visited teh headquarters in England. Upon opening the box he realized that this project was a bit too much for him, so he sold it off. I bought the figure at (almost) full price, excluding the shipping!



Unfortunatly I couldn't start on the figure right away since I had a lot of Black Reach figures to paint for work, and the figure was also missing a base. The only one included was a square chariot base, and that didn't suffice. So I went online and ordered a Large Oval Base. No more CD bases :)



A guy in a forum described this figure as one that is very hard to assemble, and very fragile. He called it the "Tease of Slaanesh", since people are allowed to look, but not touch the model. I know exactly what he's talking about. The tendrils on the back of her head are superthin and straight, so to bend them I have to dip them in boiled water before, or they will snap. The sword is also very thin. If I drop this model, the sword is probably the first that will snap...

So my thoughts was to skip the tendrils, or at least replace them with custom made ones made of metal. I ended up choping them down a bit and it turned out great! I'm also thinking about replacing the sword with a plasticard one, but sculpting swords isn't my strong side...



So now, several weeks later, I am almost finished with the assembly and will soon basecoat it.

Let's see how it turns out!

Until then, cheers!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar