måndag 24 augusti 2015

Revisiting the Black Legion

It's been a long time since the last post, a bit too long for my taste.

I had a game againts the "Duke Brothers" (just a nickname, don't kill me), and the original plan was to have a full battle report. Didn't happen because of following reasons:

1: I was so focused on taking pictures after each turn, showing the entire map, that I forgot to take close-up pictures. Too boring to make a full battle report.

2: I lost so badly that didn't want anyone to hear about it.
My deployment was so stupid, Julian had 4 Riptides (or was it 3?), I played my Imperial Knight COMPLETLY wrong, Rikards deathstar unit was impossible to kill, and my Deep Strikes served as a free victory point for my enemies...

Oh well, lesson learned, and here's a picture of the humiliation...

So much regrets in one picture...

Another reason for the gap between posts is that I have no idea what to do now that I'm done with my Mechanicus. Have been painting some Blood Angels, but Rikard has been mentioning how he wants to fight my Black Legion... Won't happen as long as they are unpainted, so I've started repainting them!

Retributor Armour gold on the trims = Awesome!

Problem is that black, gold and metal doesn't look too impressive on the table, nor the blog, so I need a spot colour. Was thinking orange for that retro-2nd. ed look to my army.

Why haven't I considered Maulerfiends before?
Moves like spawn, punches like a Helbrute and is hard like a Forgefiend!

I'm also working on my entry for this years Armies on Parade, and it seems I will spend a fortune on texture paints...

3rd time's the charm...

Third reason for blog-tardiness is that I've just started working as a Capoeira Instructor for kids on Sundays, which used to be my hobby days, so getting a game in the future will be very difficult unless I can get a friend to take over the training from time to time...

The hobby progress won't stop though!
Can't stop the signal...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar